Friday, January 30, 2009

"Who Touched Me"

We had a Stake Enrichment that was so wonderful. There were some really great speakers along with lots of yummy samples of things to make with food storage. I especially loved it since I have NO idea where to start with food storage. I have some but I don't have a wheat grinder and really don't know what to do with any of my stuff! :)

Anyway... the speaker at the end really touched me. I can't remember what his name was but he said he became a convert to the church along time ago and he focused his talk on, "Who touched Me"? He told the story in the bible found in Matthew Chapter 5 about the woman who touched his garment. She had such strong faith that she knew if she just touched his clothes she would be made whole. Jesus turned around and said, "Who touched me", the woman than fell down before him and told him all the truth. Jesus then said,"Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole...". The speaker also asked all of us if we were praying with real intent. Are we getting down on our knees and praying with such faith as this woman?

Are we striving to have the faith that this woman did? She had such faith that by touching his garment she would be made whole. I am going to make it a goal this month to be like this woman. I am going to strive to have immovable faith.

Feel free to make any comments!

No comments: